Saturday, April 2, 2016

Happy Spring! & Puppy Love

Happy Spring! & Puppy Love

Happy Spring! It's almost 80 degrees here today, the cherry blossoms are in full bloom, and the studio is bursting with new activity and textiles, pillows and throws in spring colors ... spring has sprung! Here are a few highlights:

We are in the midst of marketing our new Spring collection and prepping for spring & summer shows and events. (Email us and we'll add you to our invite list, if you're not on it already!).



My friend and photographer, Shelly Han, took this photo. When I launched Mira Jean Designs, Shelly did our first photo shoot. I've been working with her ever since. She is amazing. One couldn't ask for a more talented and fun photographer to work with!

Second, we have a new addition to the Mira Jean Designs family: a new pup! (Spoiler alert: if you follow us on Instagram, you've seen her already). Her name is Piper and I love the new energy she brings to our home. Shelly came over to photograph her and I can't resist sharing one of those photos with you, too:



Last, I've been giving a lot of thought to this blog ... its focus and the kinds of stories and information I want to share. A few of you suggested I talk about the "behind the scenes" of Mira Jean Designs and launching a business. If you have other suggestions, let me know; I welcome them. Increasingly, I also keep coming back to the theme of Collaboration.

Launching this business has provided so many opportunities to meet and collaborate with talented women and business owners -- and I'd love to share their work and insights with you. First up in our new Collaboration series will be an interview with Shelly herself.

Until then, Enjoy this spring weather!
xo, Kate


From our very first photo shoot with Shelly Han Photography, our textile designs in cotton poplin dresses. (From left to right: Rainbow Birds, Tulips in the Clouds, Tangerine Tulips). 


No comments:

Post a Comment