Tuesday, April 26, 2016

What's Up? Pop Ups!

It's been hopping around here as usual. With the arrival (finally!) of spring typically comes spring pop ups, and this year has been no exception.

Last Saturday we were back at the wonderful Red Barn Mercantile with our pillow collection. I always love being in this store, whether it's for a Mira Jean Designs event - or just to shop. :-) (Confession: favorite purchases are cards from their amazing and funny card collection ... so hard to choose! And Syndey Hale candles).



While there, we tested out some new textile designs including our Navy Waves lumbar pillow. I'm pleased to share, it quickly found a new home. (Wouldn't this be the perfect pillow on your couch or sun porch, come Fourth of July? Email me and I can make you one, too!)



Post Red Barn, the pop up prep continues. This weekend I will be back at my friend and the very talented potter Stacy Snyder's home for a joint home studio sale. Below is a glimpse of Stacy's work. I have admired Stacy's work for some time. We met years ago through our kids' preschool, and I love that we are now collaborating on a spring show together.

All are welcome at the Studio Sale! Hours are: Friday wine & cheese opening 5-7pm / Saturday 10a-5p / Sunday 11a-3pm. Address is: 508 N. Kenmore St, Arlington, VA 22201. 

Meanwhile if you read my last blog post you know I've been inspired by my wedding florist Holly Chapple to paint some new floral textile designs. While I'm not in *LOVE* with any of them yet, the painting continues. I hope to have some new floral designs to share with you, soon.



Until then, enjoy this glorious weather - and if you're in / near Arlington, VA this weekend, mark your calendar to pop by our spring studio sale! Hope to see you there.

xo,
Kate


No comments:

Post a Comment