Monday, March 21, 2016

DC Design Center & Call for Summer Interns

This past week, I was able to make a quick trip to the Washington DC Design Center. Have you been since it moved to its new 14th Street location? If not, it's worth a trip. The floors are elegantly appointed, the showrooms staffed with helpful reps and the best part: inspiration galore. Here are a few pics from one showroom. Talk about color boards!





I love how these boards are inspired by Pantone's colors. Speaking of Pantone, did you know their Color of the Year is Rose Quartz & Serenity? Our Floating Ginkgo design reminds us of their Rose Quartz ... a little bit of pink, paired with lilacs and blues: 


My favorite stop at the Design Center? Quadrille fabrics. I didn't get a photo while there; I was too busy oooooh-ing and aaaaah-ing over panel after panel of stunning textiles. You can check out their work online here. One of my favorites is their Uzbek collection ... although it's hard to choose! I was in heaven in their showroom and left feeling humbled and inspired. 


Someone recently asked me about Mira Jean Designs' goals. When I shared one, they said, "Wow, that's a big goal -- AND it's good to have big goals." I wholeheartedly agree. One of the goals is to see the brand continue to grow via strategic partnerships with the interior design and trade community.

I look forward to sharing more with you in the months ahead, as we continue on this journey. In the meantime, and to help us realize our big goals, did you see on our Facebook page we are hiring a Summer Intern?


If you or someone you know might be interested, email me at Kate@MiraJeanDesigns.com for the full job description. I partnered with area universities and interior design programs to get the word out week before last, and am excited to meet candidates later this month. More soon!




Founder & Designer
Mira Jean Designs





No comments:

Post a Comment