Sunday, February 28, 2016

We're in Fast Company! It's all about the Kids


A few weeks ago, a friend let me know about a writer working on an article for a national magazine regarding careers and kids. The story angle was intriguing: how having kids helped one's career. I immediately reached out to the writer to see if I could help. Fast forward to last week, and ... we're in Fast Company! You can reach the full article here.


I am proud to be part of a story that celebrates the contributions kids make to one's career -- and to help contribute to a healthy dialog on work/life balance. I also love that it all came about via a tweet. Thank you to Patricia Fuentes Burns for connecting us! And to writer and author Laura Vanderkam for the opportunity. It takes a village - and Twitter!

Speaking of kids, I also wanted to share with you one of the latest custom kids' creations from the studio, this new pouf and pillow pairing we delivered last week:



The little artist was about 5 years old when he painted this figure on a 5 x 7 canvas. I love that it's now a custom fabric, pillow and pouf -- something that his family can enjoy in their home, for years to come. Of all of the textile design work I do, it's these custom creations I enjoy making the most. Thank you for letting me share this latest one with you!

Happy Leap Year,
xo, Kate







No comments:

Post a Comment