Saturday, February 6, 2016

Pattern & Play

I just looked back at my last post ... mid-Jan. Guess that's what happens when a blizzard hits!

It's been a whirlwind few weeks as we hunkered down for the big snowstorm, built igloos in the front yard with the mounds of fresh snow, enjoyed sledding and time with friends (okay, and maybe a little wine) and then (finally!) dug out.



In the midst of all the snow, I also stayed focused on new year's goals. I took a 2-day Pattern Camp workshop hosted by the talented artist & surface designer Jessica Swift, to help hone my repeat pattern design skills using Photoshop and Illustrator. As a self-taught designer, this course was a great opportunity to learn more about these two programs. Jessica is a wonderful teacher.

Another resource for my textile design work has been The Textile Design Lab, run by Michelle Fils at Pattern Observer. I reached out to Michelle in early January to introduce my work ... and am honored to be their featured designer! You can read the full post here. 



How did you spend the blizard? Are you making progress on your new year's goals?

Until next time, xo,  -Kate



No comments:

Post a Comment