Monday, July 3, 2017

Happy 4th! Red, White & Blue Colorways

Happy 4th, 2017!

I love this holiday. It always says “Summer!” with a capital S. One of my favorite Fourth of July memories is watching the fireworks on Martha’s Vineyard years ago. It was my first summer back in the U.S. after living overseas for a time and the fireworks did not disappoint. 

To celebrate this year’s Independence Day, I've rounded up a few of my favorite red, white and blue interiors and inspiration:


From fellow DC-based designer Marika Meyer, whose textile designs
are inspired by antiquities and places like Pompeii:

Picture found here

From one of my all time favorite textile designers, Kathryn Ireland, her festive red white and blues:

Kathryn's Diamond Batik in Red, picture found here ... 

her Kirkbean Aubergine (picture found here) ... 

... and her Tangier in Brilliant Blue (picture found here).

One of my favorite patriotic homes? This one, courtesy of Luxe (article and photo found here). 
Reminds me of that fourth on Martha's Vineyard. 



Finally, here's a little dose of our own red, white & blue: our Ginkgo Love design in new colorways ... Happy 4th!


xo, Kate

p.s. did you know all of our textiles can be custom colored? It’s true! If you see something you like, but wish it was in red, white and blue or another hue, let me know and we can make that happen for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment