Tuesday, November 8, 2016

We're in DC by Design! & Please Vote

This morning is already off to a great start. My family and I woke up before dawn to vote early and avoid the lines. (Side note: while this election has been such a roller coaster, one *huge* positive is how it has engaged our kids in the electoral process ... I love that my twelve-year old wanted to literally see the voting room and how it all worked!).

After voting, we *had* to get donuts at our favorite local donut shop, the Sugar Shack.





Then I checked my email and lo and behold, there was a new post from notable blogger Jennifer Sergent, author of DC by Design, on textiles ... and Mira Jean is one of the featured textile designers! Check it out:



I am over the moon to be included -- and have to pinch myself since it was just a couple years ago that I began pursuing my dream of textile design. It truly is an honor. I've followed Jen's blog for some time, an amazing resource on all things local and design related. Thank you, Jen!

xo,
Kate

p.s. If you're reading this today (Nov 8th, 2016) and haven't voted yet ... please do!

No comments:

Post a Comment